Marketing DT style

Have you ever gone shopping in DT? Yeah 90% of you have, the remaining 10% are pretending they don’t even know such a place exists but I won’t sweat you, it’s not like it’s the coolest place to be, pricewise though it’s the shit. For 20,000/- your shopping bag will look like its about to explode, you’ll find your pink top, your pink shoes, your pink belt and everything pink you need to make your ex regret dumping you. But the best part of it all is that you won’t find any other bimbo wearing what you got. Hard as they may try DT sells only exclusive shit unlike boutiques that have the same top in all rainbow colors, with DT nobody will publish your photo in the “who wore it best” section of the tabloids.


Enough with that, I just wanted ya’ll to have a feel of what am going to talk about, most especially those who are still shamelessly having question marks on the location of DT (it’s a boutique on the ground OK?).God some people! That aside what I wanted to talk about is the marketing skills of DT guys.

You gotta give it to these guys, there salesmanship is off the hook, they have wit, charm and sometimes outright rudeness but it works for them most times otherwise they would have closed shop and relocated to Karamoja (K’jongs badly need clothes now sue me for facts). One time I wanted to pimp my wardrobe a bit so I made the necessary trip to DT, I moved around comparing prices (that’s what seasoned DT shoppers do) till I finally landed on the right stall (read ground).

There were genuine shoppers, genuine pickpockets, onlookers and some who had just pushed friends on a shopping spree, the girls were all around the place like bees on a beehive but I managed to squeeze my small frame somewhere and held onto my bag tightly as though I was moving with diamonds lest someone decides to get change from my bag or pockets without my permission.

While we were busy looking through clothes, the seller kept calling out for more customers, a group of girls passed by and he was like “only villagers pass by my stall without buying a thing because the clothes am selling are for campusers” we all know how stylish campusers are don’t we? Everybody turned to look at the would be villagers he was referring to. Some girls in the group branched to avoid being branded villagers. Smart huh?

As if that’s not enough, there was a girl discussing with her friend the color of top she wanted and by the look of things that color didn’t exist in the collection we were perusing through, so Mr Salesman tells the girls “that’s a no brainer, buy any of my white tops, go home and dip into any sadolin paint color of your choice, see if it won’t change into the exact color you want” the girls bought two white tops, though I don’t know if they went through with the whole sadoline paint idea from the salesman, you know some people are crazy like that!

My primary goal was accomplished; I was done with shopping and heading straight home. So with my bags in hand I tried to find my way out only to be stopped by a salesman with a jean that would have been OK had I been interested but I wasn’t. So I told the man I wasn’t interested, either he didn’t get it or he was just playing dumb coz he didn’t budge, he stood in my way and continued showing me different types of jeans. With a defeated look I told him am only left with 1000/- transport money (catch phrase people, catch phrase) to which he replied “we can still work around that”. What! These guys don’t give up



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persona Non Grata at Church

African Time + Kwanjula + UAF = Lots of Drama (Part One)

People Not To Watch Movies With