Troubles

Let me drift softly along this river,
Float lightly to wherever it flows,
The cold I feel streams my thoughts,
With every second that ticks away,
All my troubles start to sink below.

I want to fly freely above the blue sky,
With my wings spread wide like an eagles,
So I can embrace the wind blowing past me,
And breathe the air like it’s the last I’ll ever have,
As my troubles are blown away from me.

Loose me in this wide grassy land of the savannah,
Where I can hide under the tall bushes and shrubs,
And smell the earth that I have lived upon,
I want to blend with nature’s harmony,
So all my troubles can die naturally.

My body needs to lay down a while,
Under the lovely white clouds above,
A comfort unknown to my heart,
Yet so desperately needed to save me,
From the troubles of a darkened life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persona Non Grata at Church

African Time + Kwanjula + UAF = Lots of Drama (Part One)

People Not To Watch Movies With