Home Where I Belong


As I rise to embrace the new morning,
Am dazzled by the beauty my eyes rest upon,
A blue sky, a green earth, and a brilliant sun,
I see far beyond the horizon where the hills lie,
Far off where the earth meets the blue sky,
This is home and this is where I belong.

A smile crosses my face,
As I listen to the melody the birds chime,
They soar high above the clouds,
Where there are no boundaries or forbidden places,
How I envy the freedom they enjoy,
As they fade into the big cushy clouds,
This feels like home and home is where I belong.

You look at me and smile as you wave,
While I watch you walk in a different direction,
Ready to start a new day in a different way,
You’re the neighbor, who’s become a friend,
A friend who’s become a part of my life,
If I didn’t know you then, now I do because,
This is home and this is where we belong.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persona Non Grata at Church

African Time + Kwanjula + UAF = Lots of Drama (Part One)

People Not To Watch Movies With